3: 05 PM BST
Liam TwomeyChelsea correspondent
LONDON — Chelsea remain keen to commit Callum Hudson-Odoi to a long-term contract extension regardless of him rupturing his Achilles tendon in Monday’s 2-2 draw with Burnley, sources have told ESPN FC.
Hudson-Odoi, 18, faces on the sidelines after suffering the accident since he attempted a sprint during the first half.
This means he will miss the remainder of the national season and England’s UEFA Nations League campaign in Portugal during the summer.
Last month, sources told ESPN FC the Hudson-Odoi remained intention on leaving Chelsea in the summer after failing to drive through a January move to Bayern Munich using an official transfer request.
The participant and his agents have so far rebuffed efforts to reopen discussions within an extension to his deal, which expires in 2020, however, the possibility of a very long lay-off could cause him to rethink his choices.
However, the seriousness of Hudson-Odoi’s injury hasn’t dimmed Chelsea’s want to make him a important part of their future.
If he decides to remain, the academy grad can expect a dramatic rise in salary that reflects his development into first-team regular in recent months.
Chelsea are resigned to Eden Hazard finishing his desired move to Real Madrid this summer, no matter if they succeed in slowing, lowering or overturning the two-window transport prohibit levied by FIFA in February.
Pedro will probably be 32 and Willian 31 from the beginning of next season, strengthening the club’s view that Hudson-Odoi and Number 57 million January signing Christian Pulisic should be their primary wing choices in the years to come.